Inspired by atheist YouTuber Steve Shives, here are five stupid things I have noticed about online scammers.
- They use pictures of extremely attractive female models to misrepresent themselves, instead of real photos of their actual selves. A simple search with Google often is enough to expose the fraud.
- They often claim that one or both of their parents died tragically, to make you feel more sympathy for them and to simplify their made up backstories. Gee, that’s a lot of orphans out there!
- They usually contact men who live in a different state or country from them. If you are really interested in a relationship, why not someone local?
- They demand money from their would-be victims even before meeting the target face to face. What hubris!
- When their demand for money is refused, they turn hostile. Gee, that’s not likely to get the love you supposedly wanted, eh?
Slavery was abolished, right? Not really…….it was just made less cruel.
For a bit of background, read this:
Now this once credible advocate for skepticism has thrown his credibility completely out the window for all to see. All to sell himself out to the forces of conservatism. Damn him!
Overbooking is a common practice of airlines in which the company will deliberately assign more passengers to a plane than can actually fly on it, based on the assumption that some passengers will cancel flights. This ensures that planes are nearly always full and thus maximizes profits for the airlines. But perhaps this practice needs to end, because of the following incident:
Sometimes I find myself seriously questioning if the Second Amendment to the U. S. Constitution should actually be repealed. Should bearing arms actually be a privilege rather than a right? Should only certain people that have been proven to be able to manage firearms properly and in a consistent manner be allowed to own one? Read this story and if it does not make your cringe in shock, I wonder if you are human.
I just discovered a website where its makers state their intention to propagate Christianity among the world’s young people.