Inspired by atheist YouTuber Steve Shives, here are five stupid things I have noticed about online scammers.
- They use pictures of extremely attractive female models to misrepresent themselves, instead of real photos of their actual selves. A simple search with Google often is enough to expose the fraud.
- They often claim that one or both of their parents died tragically, to make you feel more sympathy for them and to simplify their made up backstories. Gee, that’s a lot of orphans out there!
- They usually contact men who live in a different state or country from them. If you are really interested in a relationship, why not someone local?
- They demand money from their would-be victims even before meeting the target face to face. What hubris!
- When their demand for money is refused, they turn hostile. Gee, that’s not likely to get the love you supposedly wanted, eh?