After receiving several harassing phone calls today from someone trying to get me to pay money for a package to be delivered to me that I didn’t even order, I have finally had ENOUGH of a dating site known as Mingle2!
I made an account there about eight years ago. Here are screenshots of my profile there:
The very first message I got on the site was an introduction to it.
Welcome to Mingle2 – Please read!
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Mingle2.com is a free dating site. You can contact as many people as you like for free!
Our goal is to help you find relationships that matter in your life. Every day we work hard to make this happen.
To make the most of your experience here, please follow these simple guidelines.
- Be safe. Everything you need to contact people is available on the site. Be suspicious of people that message you and want to talk to you offsite via phone, email or IM in their first contact with you. These people are sometimes scammers who try to convince you to give them money. As a rule, NEVER give anyone you meet on the site money.
- Have fun. Start by uploading a good photo of yourself. People who upload a photo get 10X the activity of people without photos.
- Invest a little time in your profile. This is your first impression, make it count.
- Invite your friends. Dating doesn’t have to be lonely. Invite your friends and make it more fun. Get their advice or check out their friends.
- Spend some time in the forums. It’s a great place to meet other people.
- Use features like BLOCK USER on people you don’t like. It’s simple and effective
- Just have fun. Everyone here is here for the same reason, so just be yourself and have a good time, the rest comes naturally.
INBOX MESSAGING & INSTANT MESSAGING RULES
- If you are lewd, rude or crude in email messages to others, this can get you banned permanently. We store complaints and our system will ban you if you accrue too many complaints.
- Do not send people unsolicited “sexual” messages or else you will get banned when they report you.
- Do not spam or solicit funds from other users (duh!). You will be reported and banned.
Do people obey the rules of this site? Apparently not! I have made contact with a wide variety of women over the years, and it seems EVERY SINGLE ONE was a scammer! In most cases, women who were supposed to be in the Dallas/Fort Worth area would turn out to be in another state, like California, or even an African country! They and I would communicate for several weeks or months and inevitably, if they didn’t lose interest in me, they would demand I send them money or gift cards. After what happened to me in 2018, I would tolerate that crap no more! EIGHT YEARS IS LONG ENOUGH TO BE MADE OF FOOL OF!
A message from four years ago:
For your safety – Please read!
Because we are a free dating site, anyone can sign up – including scammers and other undesirable people. Since our inception, we’ve made user safety a top priority and we’ve built many systems to combat such undesirables. It mostly works and we are making improvements everyday. However, it is impossible to make a full-proof system.
So please be wary of anyone who asks you for money or who says he/she can make you money. Mingle2 is a dating site, not a financial service, right? You can also help us combat the problem by reporting that user.
If someone asks you to visit their “webcam” or go to another site that’s a “webcam” please ignore these scammers and report them to us. We are in no way affiliated with these scammers and work hard on banning them daily.
As always, we hope you enjoy the site and make some valuable relationships.
The Mingle2 Team
I don’t believe them anymore. I now think the website itself is a scam and that most of the accounts there are Mingle2 employees, not real women. I will shut down my account and move on.