In a previous blog entry, I gave details about Adam Buckley, a Canadian radio personality. I usually think of Canada as a better place to live than the USA, despite being up north with the harsh winters that come with that location. This is mainly due to it having a more socialist economy and no “Tea Party” insanity to screw up elections. But there is one thing about Canada I absolutely hate: its “Canadian content” laws which force radio stations to broadcast a certain percentage of music by Canadian artists. I did not even know they existed before learning about them from Buckley! While Canada has produced some great rock bands such as Rush, Loverboy and Nickleback, it has also produced……..Justin Bieber. And there are others far worse than him in Canada who do not deserve a hearing, but get one because the system is rigged in their favor. That in essence is cheating.
Watch this video:
Need I remind you that we Americans have a First Amendment for a reason? If freedom means anything in a society, a government should not be telling radio stations what to play!
Canadian content laws do not protect Canadian culture, they degrade it! Inferior artists from Canada that would never make a dent in American music markets are enabled to become fairly successful in their home country because of their government. This creates a false impression of what Canadian musical culture is about, that Canadians themselves in general are inferior people. Eventually, Canada will be the laughingstock of the rest of the world as more and more people learn of this nonsense. No one admires cheaters.
I hope most Canadian radio DJs form a union and rebel against these laws en masse, practicing civil disobedience in order to force Canada to repeal those laws, or lose most of its radio broadcasting.
Check out this article in NewScientist:
Stringy fields may make the universe swell faster
Take a look at this outrageous letter:
Dinesh D’Souza was just convicted of a crime and he is also a conservative and Christian bigot and a supposed leader of skepticism is DEFENDING him by calling him honest and fair?! What next, Michael Shermer claiming the Earth is really flat and at the center of the universe?! D’Souza’s lawyer can defend him, so he does not need Shermer. And Shermer did not need to do this and make himself look like a backstabber of most of his fellow skeptics, including ME!!!
Here are some rules for men who do not want to be accused of raping a woman:
1. ALWAYS ask the women directly during a date in a private setting, “Do you want to have sex with me?” If her response is anything other than, “Yes,” drop the issue and do not bring it up again until she does.
2. Never talk about the experience of having sex with anyone other than a licensed therapist, your parents or other guardians (if you are underaged), or a clergyperson in a counseling session. PRIVATE MATTERS MUST REMAIN PRIVATE. Other men do not need to know how you “banged that hot chick last night”.
3. The claim that women claim to be raped because they regret having sex with a man long after the fact is simply self-serving bullshit. Do not repeat that claim, ever.
4. Even if you use protection or any form of birth control, PROMISE the woman that if she gets pregnant, you will either support the child or pay for an abortion, whichever she decides.
5. Do not merely be a woman’s sex partner…..be her LOVER. Be willing to share in anything she does or is involved in or ask her to share in things you enjoy. If you do not want a complete relationship with a woman, you can always masturbate by yourself.
6. Unless your partner is a porn star, you do not need to take or possess nude pics of her. And NEVER post them online!
That is all for now. If I think of more, or if you have your own suggestions for rules, this list will be added to.