OK, let me get this straight.
- We Americans are opposed to Iran gaining nuclear weapons.
- We went to war against Iraq in 2003 over claims that it had chemical and biological weapons and was even trying to get nuclear weapons. Those claims were debunked after the invasion.
- We may soon be going to war with Syria over the claim that its government used chemical weapons against the rebels in its own civil war.
And yet the facts are that:
- The United States is the ONLY nation that has EVER used nuclear weapons in wartime (1945 against Japan).
- The United States has THOUSANDS of nuclear weapons and can launch them to anywhere else in the world.
- The United States has no plans to disarm its nuclear weapons program.
- Other nations, including Russia, China, France, Great Britain, India and Pakistan, have developed nuclear weapons and the world civilization has not (yet) destroyed itself in a nuclear war.
Why aren’t the nations of the world demanding that WE give up our weapons of mass destruction? How can we condemn others for wanting such weapons to protect themselves from invasion when we have had them for many decades? Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y?!
It would be like a man armed at his home with dozens of machine guns being alarmed that his neighbors want to get themselves a few pistols. We Americans really do seem like a bunch of chickenshit cowards, don’t we?
- Obama’s rogue state tramples over every law it demands others uphold | George Monbiot (theguardian.com)
- Stay Out of Syria’s Inferno: Americans Want Peace, Not Another War (huffingtonpost.com)
- Who Really Used Chemical Weapons? (thepeoplesvoice.org)
- Arguments for Intervening in Syria, With Rebuttals – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)