Take a look at this op-ed piece by Wayne Allyn Root, who ran for Vice-President in 2008 under the Libertarian ticket. It might explain the Tea Party and its anti-Obama madness that has possessed so much of the American population. I will post parts of it and respond directly to it here (the numbers refer to my answers).
Obama is no fool. He is not incompetent. To the contrary, he is brilliant. He knows exactly what he’s doing. He is purposely overwhelming the U.S. economy to create systemic failure, economic crisis and social chaos — thereby destroying capitalism and our country from within.
Barack Obama is my college classmate (Columbia University, class of ’83).  As Glenn Beck correctly predicted from day one, Obama is following the plan of Cloward & Piven, two professors at Columbia University. They outlined a plan to socialize America by overwhelming the system with government spending and entitlement demands. Add up the clues below. Taken individually they’re alarming. Taken as a whole, it is a brilliant, Machiavellian game plan to turn the United States into a socialist/Marxist state with a permanent majority that desperately needs government for survival … and can be counted on to always vote for bigger government. Why not? They have no responsibility to pay for it.
The health care bill had very little to do with health care.Â It had everything to do with unionizing millions of hospital and health care workers, as well as adding 15,000 to 20,000 new IRS agents (who will join government employee unions). Obama doesn’t care that giving free health care to 30 million Americans will add trillions to the national debt. What he does care about is that it cements the dependence of those 30 million voters to Democrats and big government. Who but a socialist revolutionary would pass this reckless spending bill in the middle of a depression? 
Like health care legislation having nothing to do with health care, cap and trade has nothing to do with global warming.  It has everything to do with redistribution of income, government control of the economy and a criminal payoff to Obama’s biggest contributors. Those powerful and wealthy unions and contributors (like GE, which owns NBC, MSNBC and CNBC) can then be counted on to support everything Obama wants. They will kick-back hundreds of millions of dollars in contributions to Obama and the Democratic Party to keep them in power. The bonus is that all the new taxes on Americans with bigger cars, bigger homes and businesses helps Obama “spread the wealth around.”
Make Puerto Rico a state. Why? Who’s asking for a 51st state? Who’s asking for millions of new welfare recipients and government entitlement addicts in the middle of a depression?Â Certainly not American taxpayers. But this has been Obama’s plan all along. His goal is to add two new Democrat senators, five Democrat congressman and a million loyal Democratic voters who are dependent on big government.
Legalize 12 million illegal immigrants. Just giving these 12 million potential new citizens free health care alone could overwhelm the system and bankrupt America. But it adds 12 million reliable new Democrat voters who can be counted on to support big government.Â Add another few trillion dollars in welfare, aid to dependent children, food stamps, free medical, education, tax credits for the poor, and eventually Social Security.
Stimulus and bailouts. Where did all that money go? It went to Democrat contributors, organizations (ACORN), and unions — including billions of dollars to save or create jobs of government employees across the country. It went to save GM and Chrysler so that their employees could keep paying union dues. It went to AIG so that Goldman Sachs could be bailed out (after giving Obama almost $1 million in contributions). A staggering $125 billion went to teachers (thereby protecting their union dues). All those public employees will vote loyally Democrat to protect their bloated salaries and pensions that are bankrupting America. The country goes broke, future generations face a bleak future, but Obama, the Democrat Party, government, and the unions grow more powerful. The ends justify the means.
Raise taxes on small business owners, high-income earners, and job creators. Put the entire burden on only the top 20 percent of taxpayers, redistribute the income, punish success, and reward those who did nothing to deserve it (except vote for Obama).  Reagan wanted to dramatically cut taxes in order to starve the government.  Obama wants to dramatically raise taxes to starve his political opposition.
- If Obama is so brilliant, why does he depend so much on teleprompters to make his speeches? That’s a sign of intellectual weakness, in my opinion.
- That does not guarantee that you know Obama better than the average person. It’s merely a rhetorical trick.
- Right, and under small government, the rich rule most of society with an iron fist via their corporations. That’s just as bad.
- Actually, during a recession or depression, more people than ever are likely to either go into bankruptcy due to a sudden health crisis or to die outright because they cannot afford health care. I guess Mr Root thinks those people are disposable. Social Darwinism, anyone?
- This is only a rationalization for global warming denialism. Sorry, but a healthy respect for the scientific methods and the chemical and physical laws they support trumps ideological dogma.
- In short, only watch FOX News and avoid anything that contradicts its right-wing spin.
- Puerto Rico should have been made a state decades ago. The only reason not to grant it statehood is because it would become the ONLY state in the Union that is not white dominated. That’s right, Mr Root is spitting racist crap!
- Those newly made citizens would also become 12 million legal TAXPAYERS, idiot!
- Then how do you explain the recent demise of ACORN and the weakness of today’s unions? Looks like Obama and the Democrats aren’t following their own plan. It was the CORPORATIONS and their executives who got all that money and could decide what to do with it, not the unions! The dramatic increase in unemployment that would have happened if not for the bailouts would have made our economy even worse, maybe triggering a second Great Depression!
- Tax hikes on the wealthy are to punish GREED, not success. There’s nothing wrong with making enough money to live comfortably on, but if you make enough to become a BILLIONAIRE, you become more of a parasite than a contributor to the economy.
- Outright lie! If Reagan really wanted to reduce government, he should never have increased military spending so dramatically, since the military is also part of the government. Plus, Reagan’s economic advisors falsely claimed that cutting taxes would INCREASE revenue due to supply side economics. Of course, that never happened. In fact, it was Reagan who started us on the path to reckless spending into debt that Mr Root is slamming Obama about.
What Root is doing is looking at Obama through bigoted eyes and overlooking some issues that should have been obvious to him and all others who really seek to establish a better government and society. This sort of bias and delusional thinking must be debunked and blown away.
Pingback: Understanding Marginal Tax Rates | Dale Husband's Intellectual Rants